Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Take that Next Step

    I got a flyer in the mail last week from my nephew, encouraging his followers to "take that next step." A few days prior to receiving this, I had the fortunate opportunity to begin working with a life coach. Call it synchronicity or a God thing. Whatever. My focus has sharpened, my work more fruitful and my vision has expanded. Artwork I have admittedly procrastinated putting online has been finding its way to my site. Probably has a lot to do with having some accountability.

    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe is quoted as saying, 'Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace and power in it.'  I've had experience this week with that magic. Inspiration hit me for a new painting series. Here's a peek of it in progress.

    I began, knowing I had only one canvas and no funds for more. I did one of those wish-prayers: Sure would be nice to have some more canvases... and continued painting. The very next day, I got a call from a friend cleaning a closet at work. She wondered if I'd have any use for some canvases that had been painted brown and had stuff glued all over them. I regularly re-purpose canvases so gratefully accepted her find. I was shocked when the Professor delivered 3 - 2ft x 3ft canvases, the exact size of the one I was working on! A little elbow grease and a couple of coats of gesso later and I had 3 fresh canvases to finish the series on... with no financial outlay. Yes! 

    Ryan, I have decided to 'take that next step,' trusting the magic, grace and power of action. Some of you have encouraged me over the years to put together video of techniques I use in my art. So video lessons are my 'next step.' I hope to have something available by the end of August.  I would truly love to hear your feedback. How many of you would find this of interest? You can comment below or on social media. I'm delighted you are sharing my adventure. Take YOUR next step...

    Because I love you guys. Bunches.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I always enjoy hearing your comments.